Dr Alexandra McRae is a Sydney based female Obstetrician and Gynaecologist. She has admitting and surgical rights and can perform your surgery at The Mater and North Shore Private Hospitals.
She is one of very few gynaecologists nationally who have experience in the management of gynaecological problems in the paediatric and adolescent population. About Dr McRae
A holistic personalised approach
Alexandra has a holistic personalised approach to managing gynaecological problems, taking into account each woman’s individual preferences and needs.
Depending on your problem these may range from conservative lifestyle modifications to medical and / or surgical management options with a preference for minimally invasive techniques (hysteroscopy and laparoscopy)
Alexandra understands that you might be apprehensive about having a gynaecological review but her down to earth manner and gentle empathy will normally have you relaxed within minutes.
She is happy to see women of all age, race, religious or sexual persuasion.
Comprehensive knowledge and skills
Dr Alexandra McRae has a diverse range of experience in managing benign gynaecological conditions and has international, interstate and rural experience.
In addition to her general gynaecological surgical training, she has training and clinical experience in provision of contraception and family planning, sexual health, sexually transmitted infections and HIV medicine, forensic gynaecology, colposcopy and vulval dermatological disease.
She is a member of the Australian and New Zealand Vulvovaginal Society (ANZVVS) and the Australian and New Zealand Society of Paediatric and Adolescent Gynaecologists (ANZPAG).
Some of the most common reasons women are referred to Dr McRae include:
- Well woman checks including asymptomatic cervical screening, STI screening
- Contraceptive advice and management including short and long acting methods and permanent sterilisation
- Pre pregnancy check up and advice
- Investigation of infertility and recurrent miscarriages
- Problems of early pregnancy including early pregnancy bleeding or pain, miscarriage, ectopic pregnancy
Investigation and management of:
- Abnormal pap smears
- Sexually transmitted infections
- Vulval and vaginal skin conditions including cysts and abcesses and itch
- Menstrual complaints including irregular, heavy, prolonged or painful periods, intermenstrual bleeding or bleeding after intercourse
- Hormonal problems including acne and excessive hair growth, polycystic ovarian syndrome, premenstrual dysphoria (PMS)
- Pelvic pain, vulval and sexual pain (dyspareunia)
- Ovarian and adnexal pathology( cysts, torsion)
- Menopausal symptoms including premature menopause
- Postmenopausal bleeding
Should Dr McRae after a detailed history, examination and investigation of your problem have a strong suspicion or confirm that you have a malignancy (cancer) or non gynaecological cause of your symptoms she will promptly refer to an appropriate specialist to continue your care.