Dr Alexandra McRae is a Sydney based female Obstetrician and Gynaecologist.She delivers babies at The Royal North Shore Hospital, The Mater Hospital and North Shore Private Hospital. She is one of very few gynaecologist nationally with experience in the management of paediatric and adolescent gynaecological problems. About Dr McRae
Obstetrics is Alexandra’s first great professional love
“I consider it such an honour and a privilege to be a part of each woman’s pregnancy journey, helping her and her baby navigate this safely. Nothing compares to the joy of introducing a new mother to her newborn baby..”
Dr Alexandra McRae has been caring for pregnant women and delivering babies since 2003. She provides sensitive, woman centred care for her antenatal patients actively involving them in all decisions regarding their pregnancy with maternal and fetal safety always her priority.
She has international, interstate and rural obstetric experience and is an Obstetric Consultant at a weekly antenatal clinic at the Royal North Shore Hospital, supervising junior doctors and future obstetricians.
She is committed to clinical excellence both personally and in training the next generation of obstetricians.
Alexandra has completed additional courses in ultrasound, maternal critical care, the management of medical disorders in pregnancy and surgical repair of post partum anal sphincter injuries.
She regularly attends RANZCOG (Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists) clinical updates, educational meetings and conferences and frequently updates her neonatal resuscitation and electronic fetal surveillance and maternal obstetric emergency skills training.
Her own experience of pregnancy and motherhood have given Alexandra an extra level of empathy and knowledge to draw on in her clinical practice that cannot be taught- in addition to a deeper level of admiration and respect for all women!
Alexandra’s boutique obstetric practice is designed with generous consultation lengths to get to know her antenatal women well and the option of Saturday appointments for added convenience.
Dr McRae has expertise and skills in providing:
- Pre pregnancy counselling and optimising fitness for pregnancy
- Management of early problems of pregnancy including miscarriage and ectopic pregnancies
- Antenatal care for all women, including those pregnancies complicated by maternal medical conditions, advanced maternal age, post IVF, multiple pregnancy, previous pregnancy loss or caesarean section.
- External Cephalic Version for Breech presentation at term
- Management of labour, all aspects of birth including assisted delivery and caesarean section and obstetric emergency events.
- Post partum care
Dr McRae has admitting rights and can deliver your baby at the following hospitals:
- Mater Misericordiae Hospital
- North Shore Private Hospital
- Royal North Shore Hospital